The TrackerExpress(TM) is a new class of LWD azimuthal resistivity tool that offers both propagation and azimuthal resistivity measurements from a compact sub.
With a sub length of 8ft (~2.4m), the tool permits assembling of a complete M/LWD tool string in shops.
The tool is designed to run with low-speed MWD systems with data telemetry rates on the order of 1 BPS. The tool can be run above either an RSS or a motor.
The TrackerExpress* offers 4 high-accuracy propagation resistivity measurements and 128 azimuthal resistivity measurements, all fully compensated to minimize borehole and other environmental effects. Out of the numerous measurements, the tool sends, via mud pulser or EMWD, a small set of compressed data to surface in real time. On surface, the data is decompressed and then inverted with the proprietary software to produce the key parameters needed for geosteering and well placement, including the distance to bed boundaries and the bed resistivities.
The TrackerExpress™ tool is available in both 4.75” and 6.75” sizes. The nominal temperature and pressure ratings are 150°C and 20,000psi. Higher temperature and pressure ratings of 175°C and 25,000psi are also available.
- Unique feature of continuous boundary tracking, even in a sliding mode
- Compact sub length of 8ft (~2.4m), permits assembling of complete M/LWD tool-string in workshop
- Designed to run with low-speed MWD systems with data telemetry rates around 1 BPS
- The tool can be run above either an RSS or a motor
- Option of including Azimuthal Gamma or Pressure sensor
- Compact sub – Face-to-face 8ft (~2.4m)
- 4 fully compensated propagation resistivities
- 128 fully compensated azimuthal resistivities
- Depth of investigation up to 10ft.
- Boundary tracking while rotating or sliding
- Rated at 150°C & 20000psi (175°C & 25000psi option)
- Applications include: Oil-water contact mapping, Overpressure detection, Reservoir boundary tracking
|Tool size||4-3/4 in.||6-3/4 in.|
|Hole size range||5-7/8 in. to 6-3/4 in.||8-3/8 in. to 10-5/8 in.|
|Max OD||5-1/4 in.||7 in.|
|Min ID||1-1/4 in.||2 in.|
|Length||96 in.*||96 in.*|
|Top connection||Customer Specified||Customer Specified|
|Bottom connection||Customer Specified||Customer Specified|
|Connection makeup torque||10,000 lbf-ft*||30,000 lbf-ft*|
|Max DLS rotating||15°/100ft||8°/100ft|
|Max DLS sliding||30°/100ft||16°/100ft|
|Max operating pressure||20,000 psi / 25,000psi||20,000 psi / 25,000psi|
|Max operating temperature||150°C / 175°C||150°C / 175°C|
|Max torque||>10,000 lbf-ft*||>35,000 lbf-ft*|
|Max WOB||50,000 lbf*||100,000 lbf*|
|Max sand content||1%||1%|
|Max flow rate||~400 gpm||~800 gpm|
|Resistivity range||0.2 – 3,000 ohmm|
|Vertical resolution||1.25ft at 1 ohmm|
|Depth of investigation||Propagation resistivity – Up to 10ft, Azimuthal resistivity – Up to 10ft|
|Azimuthal resistivity sectors||16|
|Azimuthal gamma (option) sectors||16|
Resistivity Measurement Accuracy
|0.2 – 4|
|2%||4 – 250|
|0.2 – 25|
|2%||25 – 3,000|
|0.2 – 6|
|5%||6 – 10|
|0.2 – 40|
|5%||40 – 200|