Downhole Translator Modules: XL115 & XL215
The XXT Downhole Translators provide a means for integrating third-party intelligent and non-intelligent devices into the MWD tool string for sending analog and digital third-party signals to surface.
XL115 Downhole Translator Module
A downhole module designed to allow intelligent third-party sensors to pass data to, and accept information from, XXT or QDT (Tensor) MWD systems.
XL215 Downhole Translator Module
A general-purpose downhole analog sensor interface and translator module providing for the measurement and telemetry of seven downhole analog input channels and two downhole frequency input channels.
- Ability to interface third-party sensors to a QDT-compatible tool string
- Interface to intelligent (serial) data and non-intelligent (voltage and frequency) signals
- 4 serial interface options
- Free-format input syntax for labeled numeric data parameters
- Wide operating voltage and low power consumption
- Telemetry-compatible with QDT and XXT MWD systems
- Available in a strongback chassis or as a molded module for integration into your own chassis
- Low power consumption (approx 7mA @ 28Vdc)
- Wide operating voltage range (17.5 – 35Vdc)
- Battery-style end connections
- Multiple Translators can be used in a tool string
|Diameter||1.36 inches (excluding O-ring)|
|Power Consumption||Approx 7mA @28Vdc|
|Operational Voltage||16 to 36Vdc|
|Serial port options (XL115)||RS-232 0-5v inverted, single wire|
|Signal interface (XL215)||7 channel 0f 0-5V analogue +2 channels of frequency input|
|Toolbus Communications||Use generic variables (GVs) or virtual variables (VVars)|
|Compatibility||XXT or QDT MWD systems|