The global oilfield equipment and services market is estimated to be in excess of $300 billion in 2013.
Products for this market range from exploration technologies used for geological and seismic surveying, to down-hole instruments used to assist with drilling, production optimisation and monitoring of the reservoir in order to maximise production. Enteq will supply products & technology to the service companies operating in this sector.
Enteq is currently providing Measurement While Drilling solutions and other products for directional drilling.
- Enteq is currently providing Measurement While Drilling solutions and other products for directional drilling.
- In ‘un-conventional’ shale oil & gas directional drilling is an integral part of fracking operations
- US horizontal drilling*1 :
2010 = 150 million feet
2013 = 250 million feet
- International directional drilling expected to increase dramatically in coming years
- Measurement While Drilling is a key component for directional drilling
The Measurement While Drilling solution supplied by Enteq includes directional and other downhole systems, the electronics to control and process data down-hole and the data transmission and data retrieving systems for presentation of data on the rig floor.
- An MWD ‘system’ is assigned to each rig and is operated during the drilling of every directional well
- A ‘system’ comprises multiple sensors and components
- ‘Systems’ are operated by Directional Drilling service companies
- Mechanical parts and components are consumed on every well drilled
- Schlumberger, Halliburton and Baker dominate the directional drilling service market and manufacture proprietary MWD equipment
- Around 200 North American smaller independent service companies are gaining market share and require systems and components from third-party suppliers
Enteq also supplies high quality mechanical components for Mud Motors, MWD and machining for other bespoke designs of downhole equipment.